Looking for a good book to take to the park or beach or to read on your deck or in your comfy chair? During the bicentennial year, I shared my take on some of my favs.
Check out my reviews here:
- Lincoln the Lawyer by Brian Dirck and Lincoln Legends: Myths, Hoaxes and Confabulations Associated with our Greatest President by Edward Steers, Jr.
- Lincoln by David Herbert Donald
- The Lincolns: Portrait of a Marriage by Daniel Mark Epstein
- Lincoln President-Elect: Abraham Lincoln and the Great Secession Winter 1860-1861 by Harold Holzer
- In Lincoln’s Hand: His Original Manuscripts by Harold Holzer and Joshua Wolf Shenk
- Looking for Lincoln: The Making of an American Icon and other books by Philip B. Kunhardt III and family members
- Abraham Lincoln by James M. McPherson
- Lincoln’s Melancholy: How Depression Challenged a President and Fueled His Greatness by Joshua Wolf Shenk
If you’re a first-time visitor to my blog, you’ll find more than 200 blog posts on Lincoln Buff 2. As you have time, check them out. I’ve always hoped that my enthusiasm for Abraham Lincoln’s story is contagious. By reading my posts from the past couple years, you can relive the bicentennial through my eyes. Thanks for visiting. Enjoy the journey – and come back often.