Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Central Illinois Lincoln buffs: See you at the Normal Theatre April 8


Earlier this year, I told you of a great new Lincoln documentary filmed right here in Central Illinois, Prelude to the Presidency. I missed it myself, due to the bicentennial activities in Springfield.

Tomorrow night, Wednesday, April 8, 2009, at 7 p.m., I finally get to see it, and you can, too. COUNTRY Financial is joining in to sponsor a special showing of the film, with special guests, Producer and writer Alison Davis Wood, Director Tim Hartin and Bloomington lawyer and Lincoln expert, my friend Guy Fraker. The free screening is hosted by the Abraham Lincoln Bicentennial Commission of McLean County and the David Davis Mansion Foundation in honor of the Lincoln Bicentennial.

You'll find directions to the Normal and a parking map on the theatre's website.

Won't you join us? I'm sure we're in for a great evening. I can't wait.
© Copyright 2009 Ann Tracy Mueller. All rights reserved.

No comments: