Sunday, June 27, 2010

Lincoln Buff 2 Bicentennial Campaign was a winner


I was gone when the mail arrived yesterday, so someone else brought it in the house. Imagine my excitement when, on my kitchen counter, I saw a large white mailer with a yellow sticker bearing the words, "APEX Award Notification." I'd entered my Lincoln Buff 2 Blog and Twitter account in the Twenty-second Annual APEX Awards for Publication Excellence: A Competition for Communications Professionals. I must admit I'm pretty darned excited my work earned these laurels.

From October 2008 to December 2010, I posted more than 200 blog posts and too many tweets to count in celebration of the 200th birthday of Abraham Lincoln. I presented the two as a Lincoln Bicentennial Campaign in the Special Purpose Campaigns, Programs and Plans category. I was one of five winners in my category. One of the others was from ESPN!

The APEX Award drew more than 3,700 entries this year in 11 major categories, 127 subcategories. Grand Awards went to 100 people for outstanding work. Awards of Excellence, like mine, recognize exceptional entries - 1,132 in all.

Thanks, APEX for the opportunity to enter your competition and for recognizing my efforts in keeping the life and legacy of Abraham Lincoln alive 200 years after his birth.

4 comments:

Dave Wiegers said...

Congratulations. Well deserved.

Ann Tracy Mueller said...

Dave,

Thanks. I appreciate all your encouragement for the past year and a half.

Ann

The Abraham Lincoln Observer said...

Congratulations indeed. Now ... are you resting on this laurel? Or are you going to return to the blogosphere?

Ann Tracy Mueller said...

Mike,

Yes, I know. I must return to the blogosphere. I've been busy with some other obligations this year. I need to just make time for Lincoln - and the blog.

Thanks for the nudge - and for the congratulations.

Ann