Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Thank you – four months and still counting

This blog, Lincoln Buff 2, was born of passion and on a whim a little more than four months ago. I was taking a course about Abraham Lincoln at my local community college, learning tons and itching to share my passion for our 16th president. For several years, I’d hoped to be doing something to promote Lincoln as the bicentennial of his birth approached on Feb. 12, 2009. This seemed to be an ideal way.

So, what’s happening with this venture to date? I’ve written more than 60 articles and the blog has had nearly 1,000 visits from more than 400 unique visitors. They’re located in over 220 cities in 38 states and the District of Columbia. Visitors hail from 13 different countries and five continents. I don’t know what you think, but this is pretty exciting to me. I even have some return visitors who read the blog regularly.

I’ve received kind words, research help, encouragement and thanks from teachers, Lincoln buffs, fellow bloggers and even some leading Lincoln scholars. To all who visit I say, “Thanks. Tell your friends. Let’s keep spreading the word about Lincoln and make his 200th birthday a smashing success.”

And, by the way, if you know any Lincoln buffs in Africa or Antarctica, please ask them to visit the blog. Does anyone know - do they even have Internet in Antarctica?

Thanks again. I appreciate your visits and I plan to keep on keepin’ on. Ann

No comments: