Monday, June 8, 2009

Pursuing Lincoln

My blogging presence has been a little less lately, as I've been catching up on things at home. This week, I'll be on the road a couple days pursuing Lincoln, so I won't have as much time to blog, either. I'll try to fill you in on these events later when I can.

I get to meet Lincoln author Jason Emerson tonight and to attend a foundation members reception for the Abraham Lincoln Presidential Library and Museum's exhibit, "Illinois Stories: 'How Vast and How Varied a Field,'" later in the week.

Emerson is the author of The Madness of Mary Lincoln and Lincoln the Inventor. He's currently working on a long overdue biography of Robert Todd Lincoln, which should shed new light on this much overlooked Lincoln son.

The ALPLM exhibit features the first John Deere tractor. (No, it wasn't invented in Lincoln's lifetime.) I'm really excited about that event, as my date for the evening will be my 11-year-old grandson. He's joining me as a belated celebration of his birthday, which is today. Happy birthday, fella.

© Copyright 2009 Ann Tracy Mueller. All rights reserved.

No comments: