Wednesday, March 4, 2009

A much-needed blogger break

To all my faithful visitors who come back to this blog day after day, I offer an apology. I haven't been very good about blogging the past few days.

I love blogging. I love the research. I love the writing. I love it all. I'd blog every day for hours if it were practical, but sometimes it just isn't. Other things need to take priority. This has been one of those times. Our family was blessed last week with a visit from our California daughter. It was a great time for all of us to spend time together as a family.

I've also had to spend some time catching up on things I couldn't get to while I was covering the bicentennial - coursework for a continuing education class, those dreaded income taxes and household duties. Some days there just aren't enough hours in a day.

I'll be blogging again a little more regularly soon, so please keep coming back to visit.

In the meantime, please visit the blog for the Lincoln Seminar at Galesburg High School. This is a great group of motivated students led by the cream of the crop in past and present American Studies teachers at GHS. They've done a lot of neat things this year, and they've got a lot more on the horizon. Check out what they've been doing. It's all pretty cool.

No comments: