Monday, March 30, 2009

Sad ending to saga of missing Illinois brothers

I departed from my Lincoln blog mission in early March to write one blog post which was not Lincoln-related. Two brothers from a small Central Illinois town were missing when their father failed to return them after their weekend visit with him.

I’ve seen the power of social media to spread news far and wide. I hoped that maybe someone somewhere would see these little guys and we could help get them back home to their mom.

Unfortunately, the story didn’t end that way. Late yesterday, the bodies of Duncan and Jack Connolly and their father, Michael, were found in a rural area in Putnam County, Ill. If you printed a poster and put it up somewhere or said a prayer for the boys, thank you. I’m sure their family appreciates it.

No comments please
I will not post any comments on my blog about this tragedy. I never post any comments without moderating them, and I just don’t have the time to moderate the many comments that might come in. However, if you wish, please continue to keep the boys’ mother, family and friends in your thoughts and prayers.

My sympathy
To the family, I extend my sincere sympathy. You’ll continue to be in my prayers.

No comments: