Wednesday, March 25, 2009

On the road again

This history buff has always wanted to attend the Illinois History Symposium . Once again, wishes can come true. Tomorrow morning, I head to Jacksonville (Ill.) for the 29th Annual Illinois History Symposium, “Abraham Lincoln in Ante-Bellum Illinois: 1830-1861."

The schedule is very full, so I'm not sure if I'll have much blogging time. I may try to twitter if I can figure out how to make it work from my phone. You'll find me as LincolnBuff2 on Twitter. Here are just a few of the symposium highlights: Luncheon lectures with Wayne Temple and Michael Burlingame and a production of "Lincoln Seen and Heard" with my friend Harold Holzer and Academy Award winning actor, Richard Dreyfuss.

Now, I'm just trying to figure out how to drop enough hints to get Holzer to introduce me to Dreyfuss. I've admired that guy since Jaws. Getting down on my knees and begging is not an option!

No comments: