Monday, February 2, 2009

For Lincoln scholars heading to Springfield

Within the next few days, Lincoln scholars from hither and yon will be boarding airplanes, getting in rental cars and finding themselves in cities across the country, all with one common goal – to share their passion for and knowledge of the 16th President and join in the celebration of his 200th birthday. Many will be heading to the heart of Illinois to celebrate Lincoln’s birthday in the town he called home for most of his adult life, Springfield.

I’ll be there, too.

To those who devote their lives to Lincoln
I’ve met a number of you before – or at least have heard you speak. I was at the opening symposium for the Abraham Lincoln Presidential Library and Museum and the Lincoln Colloquium at Knox College last fall. I've attended a number of Lincoln lectures in Central Illinois. I hope to meet even more of you next week.

I don’t have a firm itinerary yet, but I’d love to visit with any who have a few minutes to share their perspective on Lincoln and the celebration with my readers. If you’re interested, please reply in the comments section of my blog with your email address or preferred contact information. I moderate all my comments and won’t post your personal contact information.

I’ll be back in touch within 24 hours to acknowledge your message and in touch again once my itinerary is firm.

Thanks to all of you for coming to Illinois to make the celebration even more special, and thanks in advance for getting back with me.

No comments: