Wednesday, February 11, 2009

We did it! Happy birthday, President Lincoln, from all 50 states.

When I started this blog a little over four months ago, never in my wildest dreams did I think that I would have visits from across the country, more than 20 foreign countries and five continents.

As Lincoln's birthday drew near, I was down to a handful of states who hadn't visited. This morning, that handful had dwindled to two. An email to a newspaper editor in one state generated a visit, so there was one lone holdout. Emails and a phone call to newspapers and archivists had yielded no results.

As I lamented my fate to one of the helpful archivists, Jane Ehrenhart, at the Abraham Lincoln Presidential Library, she offered to look up a phone number for the historical society in the missing state. All it took was one phone call and a helpful young lady from the state's historic preservation agency logged on to the blog while we were on the phone.

It's official, President Lincoln, you've got Lincoln Buffs in all 50 states. Thank you, America.

No comments: